Seacoast Dock Dogs Fun Jump 6/2010

We woke up at 5:00AM to drive to Berwick, ME to attend the Fun Jump. I never did anything like this before, especially alone, so I was a bit nervous. We were definitely newbies, yet very eager to learn.

I got everything ready the night before; loaded his crate into my truck and tethered it down, got my cooler filled with ice and 2 gallons of water, got some clean towels, my fold up chair, sunscreen and bug spray, snacks, and Apollo's vaccine record (you never know when you'll need that). Oh! And the most important; tennis balls! Those really drive Apollo.

The drive to Berwick, ME wasn't bad at all, it took about 2 hours (probably would've been less if I didn't stop at Dunkin Donuts and wait forever in the drive-thru, but I need my morning iced coffee!). I used my GPS, so we got there with no problems.

Everyone was so friendly and very welcoming. There was a very laid-back attitude, and I very much enjoyed it.

We jumped the first wave, and Apollo averaged 11feet or so. I was so proud of him! I wasn't sure what to expect, but he did fabulous. We signed onto jump another wave later on in the day, and we made it to the finals. He ended up placing 3rd in the Junior Class with an 11feet 6inch jump.

I ended up joining the Seacoast Dockdogs as an associate member.
Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment